Friday, October 8, 2010

Joe Alercia : American Detective Agency

I spoke with Joe Alercia today, who is the PI that dealt with the Keith Warren case after it had been ruled a suicide. He was actually the first member of LE to come out and say that the case was, in his professional opinion, a HOMICIDE.

He's a very honest, forthcoming individual, and I was originally concerned that a few people from the sitcoms.com message board were pranking me, but I have checked his credentials,  and have even called Penn. State, where he made claims he works with CJ Interns, and found it all to check out and be credible.

He was quite decent with me on the phone, and has offered me the full investigation package to study for myself. He's definitely not in the mood to play around about this case, but rather, after all these years, is still  ready as ever to find Keith and his family the justice they deserve.

And truthfully, that's ALL I keep finding. People who still go on with their day-to-day, but always, in the end, keep hope alive that this case will see some kind of closure. Not many of us could do the same thing, I assure you. Just a week ago I was concerned about my safety, or that of my loved ones. The truth of the matter is, however, that nothing is ever going to change, or be accomplished if Sherri Warren is the ONLY person carrying this case around with her. We have to help her, and we have to help Keith. Not only because we have the spare time, but because it's the right thing to do.

I have a brother, and I love him deeply. Were he to die under mysterious circumstances, and his death be ruled a suicide, knowing he was in no way suicidal, I would want the truth out. Improper ruling on a death certificate is the same as calling the deceased a liar. I don't want to be part of a legal system, or a country, that is okay with sub-par work, and injustice. And I know what you're thinking, "get used to it, it happens every day," and I agree. At some point,we have to face the reality of it all, of living in a society where LE is overworked, and underpaid. But today, let's hope. Today, let's make life just a little bit different. Let's do what we know is right, and bring Keith, Mary, and Sherri some justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment